Art of Living-Close your eyes to open your Mind




Since this was the last ppd session for the semester, We had kind of a different session, It was actually a guest lecture which was done by Dr.Ajith Colonne.
Dr. Don Ajith Rohana Colonne is a student of Ananda College (Colombo), Thurstan College (Colombo) and Ananda Sastralaya (Kotte) in Sri Lanka. From 1974 to 1975, he attended the Loveland High School in Colorado, USA under the American Field Service (AFS) Cultural Exchange Scholarship Programme and graduated from there.

Upon his return to Sri Lanka in 1975, he entered the University of Colombo and got a Bachelor of Science Degree in 1979. Subsequently, he obtained the Master of Business Administration Degree from the Postgraduate Institute of Management (PIM) of the University of Sri Jayawardenepura in 1994 and the Master of Arts in Economics Degree from the University of Colombo in 1996. In 2014 he obtained the Doctor of Philosophy degree from the International University of America.He's currently holding many number of states but for me the most interesting part is he's a great philosopher.

I just thought of writing this with my personal opinions since his explanations and his talk touched me alot and went deep into my heart. I just paid my 100% attention to his talk since it was soo much interesting. 

And to be honest i didn't have that much of guts to come infront of the class and appreciate him. So for me the best way to appreciating himi is writing the valuable things i can get from his lecture and share with you all like this. It's my pleasure atleast to exchange my ideas with everyone in a way like this.

Will start this from here rather than going around.
 What he told us in his lecture is veryyyy true and not a single thing was not new for me rather everything he said was just proved what i was thinking about life all the time. It was actually kind of a miracle to me since to an amaze all what he said are the same things what my father tells to me when it comes to live in a society, how you live your life and all. (My father gives me life guidelines all the time and i do adhere his advices and has realised that everything he said is dead true, and for me, he's my role model and he's my life guide )

And the thing he told about what he did in his interview  (telling about his hobby, hiking ) is the same thing once i did for an interview and i got selected to a special area also. It's so true what he told is always go with a STRATEGY. The exact same thing i did in my interview. I just explained my hobbies and they all were like wow and just listened to me without saying anything. I think it's kind of a different thing for them and that thing made me to get selected to a special area i guess. (I just explained about my model car collection and told them that im interested in music and i can tell the meaning of most of the sinhala old songs and some selected English songs. And i took one song and explained it too. They were surprised with that i guess )

And he explained about the different mind sets of people. Itz dead accurate and he just simply proved my opinion there as well. Someone people talk about the rubbish stuff , some used to exchange the incidents happened recently, some used ot share ideas about something with others and finally most mindful people keep their mouth shut up and they don't talk at all.He said get rid from the first stage and do share incidents but always good to be in the third stage where you express your ideas. Dad and my self always in the third stage where we share our ideas and thoughts and yes sometimes we discuss some incidents which happened to us as well. 

And that problem management thing. I think he took a very good example to prove us what actually happens with our anger. And again from that he proven my Dad's verse" Don't react to such kind of things. Always try to be calm and you will automatically sort your problem out. So the problems you face will be less as he said. And for us to come into a such certain level, we should have a good practice and a good broad minded mind set. 

And finally I would like to share with you some opinions of my dad which i usually follow in my life. Hope it will be useful for you as well. 

He says don't react to the problems you face in your day to day life immediately. Just wait and let the time to solve your problem. With the time most probably it will solve even without our interaction. 

And when problems come, people may say various kind of things. But u have to train your mind to bear all these. Take it from one ear and let it go out from the other. So that living in this world will get easier. Face to the problems with a strong backbone. Dont try to escape. 

And he says we don't need character certificates from anyone. Anyone can say anything about us. We can't change each and everyones mind sets. It's impossible. So don't even care about what they say. Live as who you are and do what you want to do. Take your decisions by your own. No one cant take decisions for you in your life. It's yours.   

And one more thing Dad always forces me to do is exercises. Me as a computer guy I always used to be with my laptop and most of the time we are restricted to our room. Dad says whenever you get a chance, for a mind change go to the ground or do some exercises or do a beach run, go to the gym and so on. And since he forced me to do a sport in University, i started Karate. Because of him i started Karate and now i have got addicted to it. I love to do it now. It's kind of a different relax to my mind. And the other thing is listen to music. Nice meaningful old songs and music pieces of Yanni and all.

And finally he says be a person with good attitudes. A person who does some kind of service to the society. And he says to me, when you are finding your life parter, don't go behind the physical appearance. Find a girl with good attitudes and a girl who can stay with you for the whole life time. Also another one thing comes to my mind. He says don't go behind money. Put your full effort and give your fullest commitment to what you do so that money will come behind you. 

And  i will finsih this from here. People are like garbage trucks. Always they are stressed up with so many things and whenever something gets wrong they get anger like nothing and blaming to the other person(can be your wife most of the time) with filthy words and all. So if we can control our self with this i think that day is the day all of us will live a happy life with all our friends and family members. 

Memories to be taken into the future

Reply for the E-mail I sent him by expressing my sincere gratitude to Dr. Colonne



Finally i would say life is there for us to enjoy. Not to suffer. That is the story in a nut shell. 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of UOK

Table Ethics and Etiquette